[Canberrauav] FW: Fwd: failsafe

Jack Pittar jpittar at bigpond.net.au
Thu Dec 1 00:52:03 EST 2011

FYI and further discussion. Jack.
-----Original Message-----
From: buzz [mailto:davidbuzz at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 30 November 2011 4:01 AM
To: jpittar at bigpond.net.au; tjhowse; Seppo Saario
Subject: Re: Fwd: failsafe

Hi Jack,
Lemming forwarded me your email because I am the team-lead of the UAV team
(team name is TGIF) that is based in/near the Brisbane Hackerspace. We are
oficially a group of three engineers, all Hsbne members, but although the
people are part of hsbne ... the team is independent, but encouraged by
others at hsbne.

As for the termination system,we have chosen to follow an extremely similar
path to your team... (ie arduino + multiplexor+ etc ) but we have actually
built a proof of concept and written a first round of firmware for it... and
it works!  Given we are using ardupilot-mega electronics for our navigation
systems,it occurred to me that the red CPU board from there (approx $60
without the "oilpan") is already built and has an 8 channel RC multiplexer
and an arduino 2560, and has a plug for an independent GPS module,and has a
bunch of support code libraries already written and tested for it.... so we
are using a separate one of these as the core of our failsafe system.

Would your team be interested in collaborating on this project?  (I was
planning to opensource it if anyone showed interest...)

Buzz
Team TGIF