[Canberrauav] 900 MHZ radio antennas

Chris Gough christopher.d.gough at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 10:17:39 EST 2011

Nice find! I just asked them to set two aside for me, I'll pick them
up tomorrow ($10 each)! If they are unsuitable they will make OK
shed-shelves.

With 7 degree vertical beamwidth, the Remote Electrical Tilt (RET)
might actually be needed. The horisontal beamwidth looks a lot wider,
maybe 40 degreesfrom the polar chart, so manual panning should be OK.
The RET is controlled via the ASIG protocol (http://www.aisg.org.uk/),
which is layered over RS485. Does anyone know of a cheap "interfacing
unit"solution? I coudn't find a python ASIG library, what's the world
coming to...

Chris Gough

.