[Canberrauav] Flying tomorrow

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Sat Jan 14 21:50:09 EST 2012

> However, when you look at the xbee kmz file we made on the first flight of
> the Mugin a few days ago, the xbee is solid, just like the Hope.

As you have seen from my msg on the ArduPilot list, there is indeed more
to this. The HopeRF and Xbee do actually produce very similar packet
loss rates.

The problem is that the MTK GPS attached to the APM1 on the Mugin lost
lock during those 'missing' periods of the log. The same sort of MTK GPS
attached to the APM2 didn't lose lock.

I think that normally when a MTK GPS loses lock it keeps updating the
lat and lon values with its best guess. The logs show a constant value
during the periods where lock was lost. That makes me think that the
serial stream between the APM1 and the GPS was interrupted, and perhaps
the GPS itself was fine.

If you can have a look at the cable between the APM1 and the GPS and see
if there is any chance it could have been intermittent during the flight
that would be a big help.

Cheers, Tridge