[Canberrauav] flying this weekend

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Sat Nov 3 07:29:41 EST 2012

Hi All,

Jack and I have received our X8 wings, and I've put mine together ready
to fly, with the eFlite-32 motor from my Pulse, a 4S 5Ah battery and a
13x6.5 APC-E prop. It also has an APM2 and a RFD900 radio.

I was hoping to fly the X8 this weekend, but now I've had a look at some
of the horror stories of people being injured hand launching the X8,
I've decided to avoid hand launching. So now we need to find some bungee
cord, and fit a hook to the plane.

Jack and I will be at CMAC this morning (Saturday) to meet Jeff to
discuss bungee launchers. If we manage to get something put together
then we'll try the first flight with the X8 this weekend (probably
Sunday).

I'll also have the SkyFun there as usual, testing the latest patches for
ArduPlane.

Cheers, Tridge