[Canberrauav] flying this weekend

Chris Gough christopher.d.gough at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 08:39:35 EST 2012

Hi Tridge,

I will bring bungee launcher tomorrow morning. No ramp or anything, just basic setup. You just need to fix a hook.

I haven't experimented myself yet, but conventional wisdom on hook position seems to be close to (but in front of) CG for maximum launch height, much closer to the nose for maximum launch speed. Thinking like a kite, maybe chose a position in line with CG at ~desired climb angle. What I mean is, hold the wing comfortably at your waist height, angler nose up about 25 degrees, then project a line from CG to a point on the ground 50m in front of you. Position the hook so the ring is on that line.

That's my guess anyhow. If anyone knows better please speak up now.

Chris Gough