[Canberrauav] quad for video

Tim Brown tim at time-science.com
Mon Nov 5 15:52:45 EST 2012

Personally I think the issue with price comes down to how much money you
have for your project vs the time and inclination you have to figure things
out for yourself. You can build a PC on the cheap from scratch cheap but
most of us just get pre-made ones because its not worth the time and
effort. Typically buying an off the shelf solution comes with the
implication that you can get tech support and a well tested platform (not
that open source project haven't been tested but having real tech support
can save a lot of time). There are a lot of companies selling uav solutions
 for $2,300 - $25K. All of these you might be able to build yourself, so as
a potential buyer its probably worth quizzing them in detail about what you
get for that investment and how well that meets the needs of
your particular application, to see if it is worth more than the time it
would take you to figure it out yourself.

Tim