[Canberrauav] X8 catapult

Chris Gough christopher.d.gough at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 18:38:31 EST 2012

On 07/11/2012, at 4:50 PM, Andrew Tridgell <tridge at samba.org> wrote:

> This is my favourite catapult so far for the X8:
>
>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLMcy42Bx1o

Ok, I'd imagined more of a "high start" style, like a glider (maximise range). Thats why i thought your hook was to far forwards, the gradual acceleration was to flat. If you just want to slingshot it where its pointing that's different.

Are you sure the attitude solution will be OK with massive acceleration? If the horizontal accelerometer saturates, "down" swings forward, "forwards" meets ground...

Chris Gough