[Canberrauav] flying this weekend

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Fri Nov 16 21:03:06 EST 2012

Hi All,

Chris and I flew the X8 again on Tuesday, and I'm pleased to report that
the repairs are fine and it flew well. The extra colour on the wings
does help with visibility.

Unfortunately it was a short flight (less than 5 minutes) as the arming
switch on the motor wasn't in fully, and it came loose. The plane glided
down fine without power and no damage, but it meant we didn't get to do
our endurance test. I'm hoping we'll do an endurance test this weekend.

I'll be out at CMAC both Saturday and Sunday morning (assuming good
weather). On Saturday I'll be working with Kent on the APM equipped CMAC
trainer, and on Sunday I'm planning on endurance testing the X8, first
with 1 battery then 2.

I'll also bring the new weather station out on Sunday so we can test the
3G link at CMAC, and look at how we will power it and place it in the
clubhouse. If you look at http://cmac.tridgell.net you can get an idea
of what the web interface will be like.

Cheers, Tridge