[Canberrauav] X8 vehicle launch method

Stephen Dade stephen_dade at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 22 23:03:25 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I'd had a look around for a suitable vehicle to the X8 to be launched off,
and found this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__28833__Turnigy_Trooper_SCT_4x4_1_
10_Brushless_Short_Course_Truck_ARR_AUS_Warehouse_.html

I wanted to go for something big & heavy to ensure it was stable enough to
carry the X8.

The vehicle's width is 310mm and length 550mm. Ideally I want the X8's
central body to be able to fit in this area to prevent any overhangs.

Tridge: How do these dimensions compare with the central body of the X8?

According to the reviews, it can get up to 10m/s with a 2S battery. I'd
expect to get even faster with a 3S battery. I believe the X8's takeoff
speed is around 14 m/s. We may just be able to get to this speed with the 3S
battery.

We'd also have to build a cradle of sorts on the vehicle for the X8 to sit
in.

What does CanberraUAV think about this?

Thanks

Stephen