[Canberrauav] antenna tracking

Mike McCauley mikem at airspayce.com
Sat Mar 1 09:10:16 EST 2014

Hi Matt and Andrew,

nice to meet you Matt.

Im pleased to report that after a long struggle I now have the antenna tracker
supporting 'ballerina', so even if the tracked vehicle circles the antenna (or
the antenna is moving and turning on a vehicle, it still tracks. You can place
the mount in any orientation wrt North and it tracks. The time lags in yaw
reporting when the antenna slews from one side to the other made this much
harder than I expected.

Also have a basic mavproxy_tracker module.

Im testing with a simple alt-azimuth mount, driven by 2 servos, and a Flymaple
as the controller.

Theres still lots to do, but Im pretty happy with the basics so far.

Testing with the real antenna mount would be very desirable ASAP. I dont know
anything about the mechanical arrangements of your mount, so I dont know how
we may have to modify the code to support it.

Andrew, I will email you with a discussion of further steps/ideas and
questions over the weekend.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley           VK4AMM                   mikem at airspayce.com
Airspayce Pty Ltd 9 Bulbul Place Currumbin Waters QLD 4223 Australia
http://www.airspayce.com