[Canberrauav] let the smoke out of AntennaTracker ESC

Matthew Ridley dr.matt.ridley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 16:27:03 EST 2014

Hi Tridge,

They were Turnigy F-40A

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18966__Hobby_King_40A_ESC_4A_UBEC.html

Selection was based on 3 main reasons:

1) Supported by the wii-esc firmware which the modified firmware is based
upon
https://code.google.com/p/wii-esc/

2) Support 6S so has Fets supposedly rated to the voltages used.
3) Has accessable programming pads

I guess trusting in the BEC on those cheaper ESC's was not ideal, so we use
a castle creations one directly off the 24V battery ?

I used a bus pirate to load the firmware, after soldering wires to the
programming pads.

I will check in my firmware mods somewhere as soon as possible.

Matt