[Canberrauav] Boomerang quadcopter

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Wed Dec 2 22:02:20 AEDT 2015

On Wed, 2 Dec 2015, Jack Pittar wrote:

> I am playing with the .40 size quadplane Tridge has programmed in
> RealFlight, but the motors are far too big for the plane.
> What motors and propellers have you ordered for the Boomerang quadplane?

Ah!  Props!  Well, I have these plastic thingies here.  I wonder how
they're going to handle 6S....

Motors-wise, I also bought some GARTT 4S-6S 380KV motors.

I also appear to have bought a few other sets of motors from the HK sale.
The fog hasn't quite lifted on that yet, but considering the pile of stuff
in my loungeroom, something seems to have happened....

As Justin's mentioned, I'm going to try the Boomerang and an X525 frame.
Jack was right to be concerned about COG, but it looks like the quad's
props will clear the Boomerang's prop by a cm or two based on the
documented COG and putting the 525 on top of the Boomerang.

One issue I do see looming is attaching the quad to the plane in such a
manner than a heavy fixed-wing-landing doesn't rip the quad off the bottom
of the Boomerang.  Hanging 2kg off that relatively light frame could get
interesting.

> Jack.

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.