[Canberrauav] MAVProxy "line noise"

David C cottrill.david at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 07:38:06 AEDT 2015

I have consistently had the same problem. The only thing I've noticed is
that there is often snippets of raw mavlink data in the 'noise' , and that
the quantity of noise is related to data throughput. On the up side, it
doesn't seem to affect operations. Multiple software versions for radio /
pixhawk / mavlink had no noticeable impact.

Alex, can you fire it up with a direct USB connection? At the very least it
will eliminate a few variables. I don't have gear of my own to test with
right now. I'm guessing (a very poorly educated guess) that the source of
the noise is either noise on the transmission picked up from the unshielded
serial connections around the pixhawk, or it's a radio bug.
Exactly which telemetry radios are you using and where did you get them?
Mine were 3DR v2 433Mhz from eBay.

Thanks,
David