[Canberrauav] MAVProxy "line noise"

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Dec 16 00:17:43 AEDT 2015

> On 15 Dec 2015, at 09:49, Brucebaxtersolutions <brucebaxtersolutions at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> May be a long shot, but I had a lot of trouble with "noise" that was caused by voltage.
> At 5.7v I couldn't get stable operation, but at 5.3v the problem disappeared completely.
>
> Turned out the external Bec was set to 6v instead of 5v.
> Some speed controllers have a standard setting of 6v as well.

My ESCs have built in BEC, they’re producing 6V but the power lines to the telemetry radio are 5.15V.

I’ve tried the following, with no reduction in line noise:

 - Disconnecting all the servos.
 - Disconnecting the GPS and compass module.
 - Changing the orientation of the dipole antenna.

Next challenge is to use the radios with USB connections between two computers, and just pump a few books worth of text over the wire. That should isolate it to being the radios versus the quadcopter platform.

That might happen Thursday sometime. Tomorrow is electronics night at MHV and I’ll be working on my water level sensor …

Alex