[Canberrauav] MAVProxy "line noise"

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Sat Dec 26 21:37:39 AEDT 2015

On 26 Dec 2015, at 19:37, Peter Barker <pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au> wrote:

> But to replay the data - try locate(1)ing the relevant "mav.tlog.raw" file - just passing that through "mavlogdump.pu" may well cross the code you're after.

The line noise is coming from these lines in mavproxy_link.py:392 or so:

        elif mtype == "BAD_DATA":
            if self.mpstate.settings.shownoise and mavutil.all_printable(m.data):
                self.mpstate.console.write(str(m.data), bg='red')

In my environment (OS X El Capitan, MacPorts Python 2.7) there is no red background as would be implied by the bg='red' parameter. So to prevent noise being shown:

    MAV> set shownoise false

… et voila! No more line noise.

Alex