[Canberrauav] New UAV Challenge Announced!

Jack Pittar jpittar at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 23 10:30:33 EST 2015

Thanks Stephen!
hmmm, challenges.

1. Vertical takeoff and landing?
2. Automated finding of a clear landing area to descend, including wind
calculation
3. Automated finding of clear, horizontal touchdown area - visual or swath
mapping
4. Landing and takeoff beyond communication
5. I assume any propeller blades will have to stop during the collection

All the above problems can be overcome by having the aircraft fly round in
circles overhead while lowering a collection basket.
If done from the right height, the line and basket should slowly rotate at
the centre of the circle.
Breakout the Bushmaster!

Jack.