[Canberrauav] Satellite modem helicopter tests

Adam Kroll krolladam at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 2 21:32:44 AEST 2015

Hi Guys,
I have bought to Canberra an iridium satellite phone to test the modem on it under the helicopters spinning blades.
The problem is that it doesn't have a sim card on a plan.  I've had a look and the cheapest option I could find was http://www.pivotel.com.au/iridium-plans.php, the pivot 40 plan where you pay $100 connection fee and therefore don't have to continue with the contract.  Unfortunately the casual plan doesn't allow data.  My parents want to borrow the phone for trekking in the Kimberleys and would likely pay for half of the connection fee.  Casual contracts with other companies are generally just below $200 if you want it just for one month.
The other problem too is that my folks leave in about 3 weeks, so we have this weekend and next weekend to test with the phone.
Let me know what you'd like to do.
Cheers,

Adam Kroll