[Canberrauav] Medical Express Termination System; Solitary Pixhawk Insufficient?

Andrew Tridgell andrew at tridgell.net
Mon Jun 15 07:25:58 AEST 2015

Hi Joshua,

> Am I correct in my interpretation then, that the Pixhawk's
> co-processor (even if the Pixhawk is being run with a separate /
> second power supply, etc) is insufficient to be the only failsafe
> device on an aircraft?

we got clarification from the organisers for the 2014 challenge that the
Pixhawk IO processer was sufficient to meet the 2014 rules when properly
configured and setup with redundent power. See my posting to the 2014
challenge facebook page for details.

Note that only APM:Plane is currently capable of properly setting up the
IO in this way. The copter can't currently use the "Advanced Failsafe"
library needed to set it up. I am planning on fixing that.

Cheers, Tridge