[Canberrauav] Off Topic - Band Performance

Darrell Burkey dazza at tucan.net
Wed Jun 24 11:52:37 AEST 2015

I’m trying to raise a bit of support for a local band that is performing at Albert Hall this Saturday as ticket sales have been a bit slow. The Canberra City Band is an A class band that has won many awards. It’s a great non-profit organisation that has been around for 90 years! If you have never heard a band like this perform live then I’m sure you will be amazed at how exciting and fun it can be. There is simply nothing like live music and believe me the Canberra City Band will blow your socks off. So make sure you wear tight socks!

The performance on Saturday at 2pm starts off with the John Agnew Band which is a community band designed for new and returning players. I’ve had great fun playing the trumpet in the band. We will be followed by the Canberra City Band which honestly is an amazing experienceto hear. These are professional musicians that play very challenging music that always entertains. I’m confident you will be impressed.

Tickets for the afternoon performance are $25/20 Conc. Later that even the Spectrum Big Band will be playing in another performance for those who like to dance.

Full details here: http://canberracityband.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/CCB-90th-Concert-copy.jpg

Please spread the word to anyone you know who loves music. We really appreciate all your support.

Cheers.