[Canberrauav] OBC approaches

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Sat May 2 19:25:17 AEST 2015

On Sat, 2 May 2015, Ryan Pope wrote:

We tried to outline all options thought of here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qGHLNkvSY7DVbiPWBGx2vS_h1fkfgDAsfhjo
f4fxC3E/edit#gid=939796344

I've sent you an edit invite for that document :-)

Peter

> Hi
> I have been trying to consider the many platform options available, against
> the OBC mission. In considering the solution options I think the main
> options are:
>
> 1. The Dead Lift - A single VTOL platform with the speed, endurance,
> payload, and telemetry to complete the mission profile by itself.
>
> 2. The Twins - Two or more VTOL platforms that can complete the mission
> individually, but operate together to provide redundancy, increase
> probability of success, and possibly reduce the necessary speed, endurance
> required.
>
> 3. The Mothership - A platform with the speed endurance and payload to
> launch search, and deploy a second VTOL platform that recovers the vile,
> before returning directly or being carried home by the Mothership.
>
> 4. Job Share - A platform with the speed endurance to search. And a second
> VTOL platform with the speed to directly recover the vile and return.
>
> 5. TBD - let me know if you have options not covered by the above options.
>
> Note: Options 2 to 4 have the benefit of having airborne comms relays
> available for platforms near the ground.
>
> I like them all!
> Cheers
> Ryan

Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.
:: It's a hack! Expect underscores! - Nigel Williams