[Canberrauav] Fun at CMAC

Andrew Tridgell andrew at tridgell.net
Tue May 5 16:35:28 AEST 2015

> What sort of speed / range / endurance were you guys getting from the small electric models?

the Trex500 with 4Ah 6S is getting around 6 minutes. It was clocked at
20m/s, but if you did that all the time then it would chew through the
battery much faster.

Next step is a petrol heli. We're hoping for 100km/hr for an hour or so.

> Was the pixhawk integration particularly difficult or complex?

it was considerably easier than we expected! We got the copter from
first flight to full auto missions in one day. It took another couple of
hours the following weekend to get the tune to the point that we're
happy with it.

Cheers, Tridge