[Canberrauav] Wire resistance

Jack Pittar jpittar at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 10 00:20:10 AEDT 2016

Tridge - the online calculator uses the one way distance.
I did a quick estimation with the calculator, using a one way distance of
0.8m, and a current of 60 amps for one motor at its maximum.
For 10 AWG the voltage drop was 0.3 volts
For 12 AWG the voltage drop was 0.5 volts
For 14 AWG the voltage drop was 1.3 volts
I guess, and this is only a guess, a voltage drop of 0.5 volts would be
acceptable, but don't forget - this is for one motor.
So, for two motors on each wing, you will need two pairs of 12 AWG wire
going out on each wing.
Or, one pair of 10 AWG wires going out on each wing, going to both motors.
For connectors I would like to use the same connectors that come with the
batteries at the batteries, and EC5s everywhere else.
Jack.