[Canberrauav] QuadPlane Test

admin at brisbaneuav.com.au admin at brisbaneuav.com.au
Wed Feb 10 22:15:04 AEDT 2016

Hi Everyone!

I managed to get some control issues sorted out and my quad plane is
actually flying, well sort of.  Here is a video of a very short (it was
dark and I was getting bitten by mosquitoes) test flight in quad mode.

This weekend I intend on taking it to my local r/c club and trying a
transition to fixed wing flight.  I'm worried about how it will go as the
quad motors are to small for the AUW and get hot after a couple minutes.
The transition should be quicker than that though.  They were the only
motors I had and I do intend on buying some bigger ones when I get the
cash.  Worst case, I crash an experimental aircraft ;)

I will be putting some documentation and the 3D printed parts up on my
website shortly.  Apart from the PID values that need more tuning, let me
know what you think.

Link to video: https://youtu.be/we3fVFj6iT0

Regards, Jaimyn,
BrisbaneUAV.com.au <http://brisbaneuav.com.au>