[Canberrauav] Response from Challenge organisers

james owens scoobydrive at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 1 19:52:00 AEDT 2018

A while back I asked the Challenge organisers a question regarding support aircraft autonomy for the challenge. My question and their response are below. The bottom line is that we need to bungee / cat or conventionally launch the support aircraft.

My question:
“Regarding the 2018 Challenge, please can you clarify if the ‘Criteria for a Fully Autonomous Mission’ covers the Retrieval Aircraft only or both the Retrieval and Support Aircraft? ie if the Retrieval aircraft is fully autonomous but we hand launch the Support aircraft could we still achieve the criteria for a ‘Fully Autonomous Mission’?”

The response
“Our intention is to have no hand launching at all (for safety reasons) and we thought that we had written the rules that way, but the fact that it is a bit ambiguous and you need to ask means that we will update the rules in the next release to make this 100% clear to all teams.”

Cheers

Jimmy

Sent from my iPhone