[Canberrauav] Fwd: UAV Challenge events postponed 12-months

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Tue Mar 17 15:35:37 AEDT 2020

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020, Bruce Baxter wrote:

> Does this give us a 12 month reprieve on the d2 submission? 

Well, it *does* mention that teams can submit D1 again if they want.

So I'd assume they're not expecting D2 - but it is interesting they didn't 
actually *say* that!


> Sent from my iPhone
> Begin forwarded message:
>       From: UAV Challenge -  Outback Rescue <uavchallenge at gmail.com>
>       Date: 17 March 2020 at 10:41:42 am AEDT
>       To: UAV Challenge <uavchallenge at gmail.com>
>       Subject: UAV Challenge events postponed 12-months
>       Dear teams
>       UAV Challenge organisers have today decided to postpone the 2020 UAV
>       Challenge flying events until 2021. We will work through the more
>       detailed planning in the next few weeks and will re-issue rules with
>       updated timelines. Broadly speaking we will aim to hold the events in
>       late September/early October 2021 – hopefully in Dalby. Medical Rescue
>       registration and Deliverable 1 will be re-opened. For teams already
>       given a Go decision at the Deliverable 1 checkpoint, your team will
>       not need to resubmit D1. New teams will have a chance to enter and
>       they will need to submit a D1 document (dates yet to be announced).
>       There will be no High-School activities in 2020. We know that the
>       whole world is working together to battle COVID-19 and we send our
>       best wishes to you as we all tackle this crisis.
>       We will post the above notice to our website and social media later today.
>       Regards
>       UAV Challenge Organisers

Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.
:: in what circumstances would you want reverse thrust for takeoff? --tridge

More information about the Canberrauav mailing list